by Apoorva Komarraju
August 17, 2021
Are you ready to be a part of the technology revolution?
The technology industry is dynamic and that means working here can range from customer support and solving tech queries, programming a new cloud system, and analyzing several rows and columns of data. Because of this diversity, job aspirants need to be prepared with the right skills.
Advancements in technology have made the role of security more prominent than ever. Right from the help desks to networking roles, every domain of the tech world depends on security. If you’re looking to enter the IT field, these skills will come in handy.
- Familiarity with physical, network, and software security
- Installing and maintaining firewalls and routers
- All data encryption
- Risk mitigation strategy and threat analysis
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and standards like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and CCPA
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
If you want to develop software, applications, and create websites, you should be able to program. As automation is taking over many industrial tasks, there are a few programming languages that need to be aced.
The amount of data all of us produce in a day is enormous, add that to the edge it gives to businesses through insights, and data analysis becomes a critical role. Being able to analyze data helps in monitoring performance and finding security threats or identify where inefficiencies exist in business functions. Important skills to know are:
Systems and Network
Business functions will come to a halt if computers just stop working. It’s the job of the IT department to make sure devices are functioning smoothly. Job roles related to this are system administrators and network administrators. These skills are transferable and can also be used for working with cloud administration and security. The basic skills are:
- Administering diverse operating systems like Windows and Mac
- Installing and setting computer hardware and software
- Cloud administration and applications
- Maintaining systems like local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), storage area networks (SAN), and virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Helping employees with technical problems
DevOps serve as a bridge between software development and IT. DevOps, short for development and operations, requires skills that can work across domains like:
- Understanding of continuous delivery theory
- Container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
- Languages like Python, Ruby, and C
- Familiarity with cloud operations
Machine learning has become one of the best fields after AI. ML skills are needed for programmers and data professionals, not just ML engineers. It’s important to master the basics of ML-like:
- Parametric and nonparametric algorithms
- Deep learning techniques
One of the most in-demand skills in 2021 globally, cloud computing skills are everything from building the right cloud infrastructure to maintaining them and updating the systems. Working with cloud technology can get you to job roles like cloud developer, cloud administrators, and cloud architect. All this will be possible with these basic skills:
- Google Cloud
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy